Pinterest Instagram TeachersPayTeachers Image Map

Monday, June 6, 2016

Homework: Aint nobody got time for dat!

This is a tough topic. I hate giving homework. 



 I use to give a LOT of homework. Like a LOT.  For example:


Read 20 minutes
Reading log (which was about a 3 sentence summary)
Math page (maybe Kathy Spruiell spiral homework)
Spelling homework
Occasional grammar homework

But then I realized that I was stressing myself out trying to check all of this daily. Then when I didn't check it the kids would be confused why they were doing it when Ms. V always forgot. My best friend, who also teaches with me, is a mom of fourth grade twins and to hear her horror stories from the nightmare of homework each night made me realize that I was giving too much! 

So here's my question: What do you do for homework? Do you check it every day? Or just on Friday? 

No comments:

Post a Comment